How do I complete the initial focus set up on a stereo zoom microscope?
1) Center your specimen on the stage for observation.
2) Adjust your lighting so that the specimen is properly illuminated on the stage.
3) Set your adjustable eyepiece(s) to 0. Your dot (marking) on the eyepiece collar should match up with the 0.
4) Set your zoom to the highest power.
5) Use the focus block to bring your specimen into focus.
6) Using your right eye only, look through the eyepiece on the right side and focus it so that the image is at it’s sharpest.
7) Using your left eye only, look through the eyepiece on the left side and focus it so that the image is at it’s sharpest.
8) Rotate your zoom knob to the lowest power. Your microscope should now be calibrated so that your specimen is in focus throughout the entire zoom range.