The Nikon Ci-L Plus microscope package is a popular choice for pathologists. Nikon optics and mechanics are known for their high quality across the microscope industry. The Nikon pathology system is modular so that you can add a wide variety of components to your microscope as they become needed. Those upgrades are listed below.
A fixed stage with no specimen holder is available for pathologists who manipulate the specimen with their hands. (A scratch resistant mechanical stage is also available for Mohs and Cytopathologists as on option.) The ergonomic head is fully adjustable, including telescoping in and out to adjust for comfort during those long sessions of reading slides. The wide field 10x eyepieces have a 22mm field of view. The eyepieces are adjustable for parfocalization and obtaining the sharpest image possible. The variable LED illumination system provides crisp white light across the entire field of view for easy on the eyes viewing. Nikon has employed a programable LED illumination system that can save brightness levels for each objective at the push of a button. This is intended to increase work flow by not having to adjust the brightness when switching between objective powers. The flip condenser allows for a full field of view when using the 2x and 4x low power objectives.
The basic package comes complete with the following Nikon components:
- 2x Brightfield Plan Achromat Objective
- 4x Brightfield Plan Achromat Objective
- 10x Brightfield Plan Achromat Objective
- 20x Brightfield Plan Achromat Objective
- 40x Brightfield Plan Achromat Objective
- 10x Adjustable Eyepieces with a 22mm Field of View
- 6 Hole Nosepiece with Analyzer Slider Opening
- Variable LED Illumination System with Brightness Intensity Saving Feature
- Flip Condenser for 2x through 100x magnification viewing
- Fully Ergonomic Telescoping and Adjustable Binocular Head (Trinocular Port for Camera Available)
- Tension Focus Controls (Left or Right Side Configuration Available)
- Fixed Plain Stage for Hand Specimen Manipulation (Mechanical Stage Available)
- Dust Cover
- Nikon Ci-L Plus Instruction Manual
- 5 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Upgrades and Accessories
The following modular Nikon Pathology components are available as upgrades:
- 1x Objective
- 60x Objective
- Swing out Condenser for use with 1x objective lens
- Eyepiece Micrometers
- Color Polarization for Gout and Sinovial Fluid Analysis
- Digital Camera for Image Capture
- HD Camera for Tumor Board
- Apochromat and Fluorite Objective Lens Package upgrade.
- Teaching Head with LED Pointer (Side by Side or Face to Face)
- Oil Immersion Objectives: 50x and 100x magnifications available.
*The above components are modular and will install on the Nikon E400, E600, 50i, 55i, 80i, 90i, and Ci series microscope models.
Purchasing agents love that Nikon typically comes in at a price point lower than Olympus and Leica. Nikon also offers discounts to many Group Purchasing Agent members, educational labs, and members of the Florida Society of Pathologists.
Pathologists can work directly with a Nikon sales rep or authorized Nikon dealer to get the right microscope and components for their specific needs and budget.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us using our contact us feature.